RE: 100-words, catchphrases

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 16:29:19 +0000 (GMT)

> Jane,
>
> >"You think ***, Sword of Humakt, will surrender to
> >moon-addled Lunar scum? Never! Trust me, ...

> I lurk out for a moment just because I think this
> narrative is one of the
> best I have seen in quite a while

Thanks, but I'd hate to run the character based on this.

> To encourage using evocative names for abilities. An
> option would be to
> simply count multiple words abilities as a single
> word. Like for names and titles.

Could do, though I think that's going too far.

> Another options could be to allow multiple abilities
> from the same
> catchphrase. The abilities above could be :
>
> Towers above comrades (more presence oriented)
> Tall

Yes, I see what you mean. Though the "presence oriented" aspect of "tall" is how we've tended to explain being able to increase such an ability.

> Depending on the player's vision,

> "I'll get us out of this"
>
> Could also give him "full of crap", "intimidating",
> "blows hot air" or "patronizing".

Or "over-optimistic", "over-confident"...

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" � The Wall Street Journal http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html