RE: 100-words, catchphrases

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 07:15:51 +0000 (GMT)

> >Thanks, but I'd hate to run the character based on
> >this.
>
> Why not?

He just isn't to my taste. I can write that sort of thing as a one-off, but for long-term, no thanks.

>>> An option would be to

> >> simply count multiple words abilities as a single
> >> word. Like for names and titles.
>
> >Could do, though I think that's going too far.
>
> I am mot sure. Otherwise people might be tempted to
> replace whatever
> evocative description by simple word abilities like
> "strong", "tall" or "clever"

They might, but then they lose the fun of the evocative ability for the power gain of the extra simple abilities. Their choice. And believe me, if you gave me that option, then yes, I could mini-max it. You'd be handing me a 1000-word narrative. No, I think just enforcing the "no lists" option is the way to go. Getting huge numbers of simple skills into 100 words without listing them is also an art-form.

All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html