Re: Re: Character Generation

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:16:20 -0600

>From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
>
>Abilities from the 100 words with those from the
>keywords. They're the one's we're actually interested
>in, but they start (even) lower.

I'm not sure who the "we" is here. But I don't agree either that more interesting abilities should be rated higher, nor that one must automatically be more interested in what makes their character unique. This argument doesn't hold for me at least.

>In practice, I use the numbers assigned to each
>ability as descriptive, not restrictive, ignore all
>the fetters designed to restrain munchkins, and get on
>with creating interesting characters who fit the
>setting and the plot.

Can't be that the "fetters" as you call them are actually well considered creative constraints? Meant to help players like us come up with better focused character concepts? Am I a more a munchkin for wanting to be limited?

Mike

Find sales, coupons, and free shipping, all in one place! �MSN Shopping Sales & Deals
http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctid=198,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200639