Re: Character Generation - Why bother with Guidelines?

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:34:12 -0500

I don't think it is a question so much of guilt as "there's a reason they are there, no?" I think lots of people assume that chargen was created the way it was *for a reason*. That the rules are structured as they are *for a reason* and so arbitrarily hacking away at something might have all kind of unforeseen consequences in play.

For instance, the concentration rules never sat well with me, but I was loathe to dump them or just remake them since presumably they served some purpose in modeling the Gloranthan Universe or in game play.

I think it is that, far more than guilt, that drives the situation.

JMHO LC