How to baffle a munchkin

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 20:55:24 +0000 (GMT)

 Mike Holmes
> > > Am I a more a munchkin for wanting to be
> limited?

JAne:
> > Completely the opposite, I'd say.

GAZZA:
> In fact, I'd suggest that removing all limits
> removes the
> possibilities of munchkinism. You can't effectively
> cheat if there aren't any rules.

Thinking about it.... yes. Depending on your view of munchkinism. Which is an intriguing thought. I'd always said my "system" (or lack of one) dropped munchkin-control because the players weren't munchkins, but maybe it could cope anyway.

I haven't GMed many, nor for very long: we don't see eye-to-eye, and this is easily resolved by the munchkin going away.

People who have: how do you think they might react to a GM who says "yes, but" to *everything*, but does insist on narrative and dramatic consistency?

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" � The Wall Street Journal http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html