Crystals & Truestone in HW

From: David Blizzard <dblizzard_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 21:40:31 -0000

I've been contemplating how to translate them into the HW system. I have no problem with dropping magical effects that don't seem to translate well into HW, for example Spell Matrixes don't have to translate directly. However, Crystals & Truestone are certainly an important bit of Gloranthan flavor.

My take on crytals is to treat them similiar to spirits. Each would have a "might" stat that can be used to increase AP's in a magical contest, i.e. one in which the character has a magical ability that would be used in. I can certainly see alternate variations, such as using it as an augmentation (although it would be hard to see it "failing" and giving a negative modifier).

Truestone seems like it would normally store feats, ala the Issaries secret.

Opinions? Alternate tacts?

David A. Blizzard