Re: Re: Character Generation

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 18:34:30 +0000 (GMT)

> --- In HeroQuest-rules_at_yahoogroups.com, Jane
> Williams
> <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
>
> > Of course. A professional warrior with a decade's
> > experience and warrior skills at 17 would be
> > inappropriate, so would being two masteries better
> > than anyone in the universe without some very good
> > explanation. And they need to slot into the
> existing
> > party properly, to take a less extreme example.
>
> This means that all your characters have to conform
> to a fairly rigid set of criteria.

I suppose it depends on what you see as rigid. Somewhere between "just good enough to get hired, hasn't been in the job long" at 17 and "not quite as good as the Legion Champion (yet)" at 2W3, for someone who's already in the group and is now being promoted from NPC to PC. That's combat skills only, of course, and it's other skills that we're usually more interested in anyway.

> What about a decent outfitted warrior at 17 and 3
> heropoints vs your seasoned weapon thane at 10W?

I don't understand the question. What about them?

> There is nothing that
> says that a green 17 year old cannot start as a
> better warrior than the
> tribal champion. Natural talent and all that.

Nothing at all, no. It would certainly be odd, but "odd" is what PCs are all about.