Re: Re: Character Generation

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 22:08:40 +0000 (GMT)

> Mike
>
> >From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_badamson. nildram.co. uk>
> >
> > > I am puzzled Jane. Do characters in your games have 'Sense ability
> > > rating' or something? It sounds like everyone has a rough idea what
> > > ability ratings folk have.
> >
> >And in the world that you live in, do people have no idea of the
> >competence and relative competence of people?
>
> I'll just start apologizing now for the inevitable misunderstandings that
> this is going to cause on both sides. Having had some part in starting it up
> again. Sorry.

I'm part of Jane's game and no we don't have sense ability rating but we do have an open game where all the PC and followers and many friendly PCs stats are all available on the wikki site we use for the game. So we can look up the stats and see where everyone is at, no telepathy required :-) So when I created my character I could see what level to pitch him at. I opted for lower keywords but some mega swords that are the biz against undead and especially vampires. Fitted in the characters background as he spent some time in/near the Upland Marshes where anti-undead weapons where needed.