Re: PC Power Level and Advancement (was Re: [HeroQuest-RPG] new guy here)

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:59:45 -0600

On 1/12/07, Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...> wrote:
> >From: "Andrew Dawson" <asmpd01_at_...>
> >On 1/11/07, Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...> wrote:
> > > Not precisely getting what you're saying about Augments,
> >Looking for augments takes a certain amount of time and effort.
>
> Yeah, I'm getting that you've tailored this to your group, and that's great.
> What I'm wondering is if this has anything to do with PC Power Leven and
> Advancement, or if it's a tangential discussion.

Well, whether or not it is a tangential question, I was answering your implied query.

And this may be a tangential discussion (that may have been solved by adding "and Augments" to the subject line when I started this), but augmentation management affects advancement management. If you are interested in maximizing augments, looking at break points on many abilities is useful. If you lead with normally augmenting abilities even when that is not the most mathematically advantageous strategy, then you tend to raise those abilities without considering break points.

Thanks,
Andy