RE: Re:Pagan vs. Heathen

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:27:19 -0600

>From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
>
>I believe that's the general intent, yes. Pagans worship false gods
>(theism), heathens practice evil spirit magic (animism). Also, in Heroes
>of Malkion, I refer to non-Malkioni users of wizardry/sorcery magic as
>'infidels'.

OK, I have to ask then... are Carmanians included in this? Being "Lunar Wizardry" folks? It's funny, but I'd have expected the Carmanians (being a Persia cognate, and having Islamic parallels) to be the ones to use the term Infidels for those back west. Maybe they throw it back and forth at each other?

>There are some orders etc. in Heroes of Malkion that have spells such as
>'Protect Against Heretical Magic', that do have this effect. There's
>generally not much need to protect against people from your own sect,
>since they shouldn't be attacking you if you've behaved yourself. After
>all, we're not Orlanthi, you know...

Sure, but what about Hrestoli vs. Rokari, for instance? Heretical would apply here, no?

Mike

>From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
Academy Awards�
http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1