Re: Benefits of Illumination

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:17:48 +1100

> See page 35 - the hero is penalized by relations to non-Lunar entities when
> Confronting the All.

This is indeed what I was alluding to.

> Nope, Illumination does *not* give you more time to join different cults, or
> reduce the time requirement. You still can't be a multiple-Devotee. But you
> *could* be a devotee of a God and a Shaman of a Spirit Practice at the same
> time (You'd use at least 80% of your time, up to 100%, but it is
> *possible*).

You'd just be rather busy. :)

> The Illuminate *does* get to ignore the "No magic but from your god"
> restriction of a Devotee, though.

Ah...

So an devotee illuminate could learn feats within the affinities of the immortal to which he/she is devoted (i.e an ordinate of), and could learn affinities (but not feats!) of another immortal to which they are simply initiated (i.e. a novitiate of), and could use Lunar common magic feats as active abilities?

> Remember that Devotees/Ordinates are not *supposed* to be worshipping other
> entities. If you want to worship multiple entities, do so as a
> Novitiate/Initiate/Practitioner/Orderly. Devotees are supposed to be devoted
> to *one* God(dess).

This just seems a bit odd given that whole "masks of the goddess" business, but I suppose the Lunar Way is full of contradiction. :)

> Heroquest doesn't support the whole "RuneLord of Yelmalio, RunePriest of
> Humakt" idea of earlier Runequests.

Er. Yes! (As mentioned earlier, I am a newbie...)

--
John Machin
- Athanasius Kircher, 'The Great Art of Knowledge.