Re: Benefits of Illumination

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 18:13:41 -0000

The ground rules of what illumination is seem to have shifted considerably over time. A case of refining the concept and differentiating the stages of spiritual development, I suppose. Still it's confusing because if what you're saying is authoritative ( and I accept that it probably is) then at least half of the information we have had about illumination over the decades is now deprecated.

There has been a differentiation between illumination and full Enlightenment for a long time now, but the dividing line seems to have shifted a bit.

However there isn't a clear line in the sand (not clear to me anyway) between what has been said before and what the current state of affairs is. Sevening and Lunar mysticism is now a lot clearer thanks to ILH2, but Nysalorian Illumination is a grey area now, at least to me. Which publications, article and such can we refer to now for authoritative info on this? Or are there any plans to put together more authoritative information?

I'm not whingeing, and I don't intend to come across as doing so. A more and better thought out, and more interesting take on Illumination would be very welcome.