Re: Re: Devotion and illumination

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 08:04:01 +1100

On 04/02/07, David Dunham <david_at_...> wrote:
> At the risk of contradicting your Glorantha, I imagine folks
> generally DO know if someone is a devotee or not. Is he a very holy
> or religious man who sacrifices predominantly to one god?

Knowledge of a Secret seems to be something that gives the game away, and presumably there are people who can discern concentration or devotion in the same that there are people who can (in Heortling society) look at pre-adults and have some idea about which god is calling to them.

--
John Machin
- Athanasius Kircher, 'The Great Art of Knowledge.