Re: HQ Rules List members

From: EZ <psizzlepip_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:52:35 -0000

I was going to reply in email, but then I realized I'd be sending you my email address and that was rather ironic since the only reason I am replying - or even posting this now instead of enjoying my silent readership in this group - is to retain my email privacy. (Nothing personal Steve, I don't really suspect you, or even the other groups, of misuing it, but I noticed you appear to have sent this from a junk email account, so you're probably already aware of steps some of us take).

Instead, I'm just going to remove myself from the list until sometime after this list is sent on 2/21.

Though, some advice, perhaps for the future (better yet if you can consider this for your plan for next week) before you send out this list, it's much more polite and friendly to use an Opt-In method, instead of Opt-Out. People may miss this responding to this message because of junk mail filters, being on vacation, they have the option set to read this one the Web only, not getting the email reply correct, and any number of reasons who may not want their email address shared. Since Yahoo Groups already has mail privacy settings built in, it might be best to assume those as default and ask if people would like to be included in something new, instead of the other way around.

In short: making people Opt-Out really sucks.

Sorry for disrupting the otherwise cool discussions, EZ