Re: Re: Assembling a Tricky Situations List

From: John Machin <trithemius_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 22:13:04 +1100

On 09/03/07, Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...> wrote:
> But then if the warrior is a theist he will be at a penalty for resisting the wrong otherworld.

Will he? His Brave rating does not come from the theistic otherworld so I cannot imagine he suffers the penalty. Or do all heroes suffer -20 from trying to hit any otherworldly entity?

> The thing I have problems with is for magical attacks like for example throwing a thunderstone. You can either use the mundane Throwing skill and augment with Hurl Thunderstone Feat or use the Hurl Thunderstone augmented by your throwing. Your opponent still resists with his dodge missile or weapon and shield. There is no difference or advantage to either way.

Is this a problem? If you have thunderstone magic then you have an advantage over your enemy (assuming he lacks a magical dodge ability).

> But when jumping over a tree then there is a huge difference between a mundane lead ability and a magical one.

The magic tree is surely always resisted by the dryad (or whatever) in it, be it a magical or nonmagical contest?

--
John Machin