Re: Re: Assembling a Tricky Situations List

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 08:58:35 -0500

See, part of my solution is that I would almost never give a wall "Tall 17".

I happen to fall on the "don't give the numbers solid meanings" side, but that's because I try to focus the rolls on conflicts, not tasks. So a wall is 20'. It might have "hard to climb 17" or "tricky to jump 17", but it won't have "tall 17".

For things like travel, I do much the same. "Run Fast" will not tell me how fast you go. It will come in in the drama.

I completely understand how this does not work for some people. It didn't work for me for some time, and many players dislike it.

As Jane says, I think a lot of these so-called "tricky situations" come down to this split in how people want to use the system.

LC