Re: Re: Assembling a Tricky Situations List

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:22:13 -0500

See, when I did a Sci Fi game, I avoided this by simply not making resistances involved where weights and measures were relevant. For instance, the FTL drive worked a certain way, and jumped a certain distance. That just was. The engine's abilities had to do with "sturdy", "push beyond limits", "falls apart easily", etc. So it was only when they wanted to do something dramatic that the engine's stats came into play. Everything else was defined with real-world measures.