Re: Assembling a Tricky Situations List

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 08:25:57 -0800

Nick

>The one thing I remember us debating at length when it was HW and
>I'm not quite sure about in HQ comes in comparing abilities. Did a
>horse with Run Fast 17 run as fast as a man with Run Fast 17, and
>how did either compare with a Thunderhawk with Fly Fast 17.

I hope that in the new edition the answer is that they all move at the same speed. How else can you possibly compare them, other than the rating? (Of course, in a race Thunderhawk might always win because it can fly straight and not worry about terrain, but that's handled by giving it a bonus when racing a ground-beast.)

I realize this may make numbers in older publications incompatible, but that already seems to be the case. And it would be great to rationalize things going forwards (especially because I have some other numeric complaints).

Jane

>I said when HQ came out that what it needed was change
>bars - flagging things that had changed from the
>previous version. I'll say it again, this time
>*before* the new version comes out.

Please no. That's going to be SO appealing to new players...

--

David Dunham