Re: Re: Assembling a Tricky Situations List

From: Alejandro Javier Hartenstein <n1.blind_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 20:45:18 -0300

On 3/9/07, nichughes2001 <nicolas.h_at_...> wrote:

> I just want my suicide-bots to be able to pile in with no intent but
> to infect characters with their gene-toxins regardless of how smashed
> they end up. I want the system indicate if they are smashed and/or if
> the characters are infected. If I wanted a system where the narrator
> just makes up the outcome in most cases - and in my experience most
> simple contests are fairly inconclusive - I'd start by throwing the
> dice away.
>
> --
> Nic

If the robots are the heroes, i would just roll 2 (simultaneous) simple contests (robots trying to infect people and robots trying to not get trashed) OR rule depending on the margin of victory. Yeap, its a hack, but seems to work on paper.

If the robots dont care about beeing trashed, maybe a marginal victory means they are all down but "10%" players infected? (maybe ALL of them are infected but i grant them another contest over the adventure to see if they actually die?)

--
Cheers,
Alex