Re: Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:46:29 +0000 (GMT)

This has been done to death so many times...

Abilities come in two parts - the description and the score. The description determines the applicability of the ability to a conflict, the score determines how effective the ability is at resolving conflicts in the character's favour.

A character can have an ability "crack shot 13" but as soon as push comes to shove (i.e. the ability is used in a conflict) the dice comes out and if the player can't roll 13 or less...

You can have "wipe out the planet in one blow 13" as an ability, but if it ends up in a conflict with another characters slightly less megalomaniac "twat 'em with big stick 10W4" guess who's going to come off worse? Hint: It's not the geezer with the big stick.

Cheers,

Ash

http://us.click.yahoo.com/0It09A/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/7tRolB/TM >