Re: Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 16:41:31 EDT

In einer eMail vom 11.03.2007 21:31:03 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt TTrotsky_at_...:

Which is certainly fine if all characters in the campaign have either superman-level strength, or normal human-level strength. In most superhero games, though, I'd think that'd fairly unlikely. Spiderman, again, is much stronger than a normal human (or so I gather from the films, never having read the comics), but he's nowhere near the strength of superman. There has to be a continuum

i disagree, because i think the trick is from which angle you are looking

are you looking at the game universe from the "outside" ?

or are you looking at the story from the inside ?

i think that looking at the game-universe from the outside is a simulationist approach

looking from the inside at the story is what HQ is all about the opposition is what matters
it matters what the scene of the contest is all about if superman is the hero of our game, he is only challenged by a force that is stronger or of equal strength to him
so even if we gave superman "superhuman strength"17, that still means that only heroes with "superhuman strength"17 or higher will be able to challenge him in a dramatic way.
superman will defeat any normal human anyway, we dont need to start a contest about that !