Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: Boris yarko <babeldemeter3_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 20:53:59 -0000

> looking from the inside at the story is what HQ is all about
> the opposition is what matters
> it matters what the scene of the contest is all about
> if superman is the hero of our game, he is only challenged by a force
> that is stronger or of equal strength to him
> so even if we gave superman "superhuman strength"17, that still means
> that only heroes with "superhuman strength"17 or higher will be able
> to challenge him in a dramatic way.
> superman will defeat any normal human anyway, we dont need to start
> a contest about that !

Yes, but your example is too simple ! Even the bloody simulationist like me understand that there's no need to start a strength contest between Superman and the Pope... Superman crush the leader of catholic church.

But between Superman and Iron Man or Spiderman ? Things are not so clear...

When the situation is obviously simple noboby needs rules but we're talking about TRICKY SITUATIONS.