RE: Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: DreadDomain <dreaddomain_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 17:11:25 -0400

> Tables of mass vs resistance
> can lead people into the mistake of thinking that all 500kg obstacles
> are equal - or all 10km distances so I think they need to be heavily
> surrounded by advice on their limitations.

Tables like this would be guidelines. People are intelligent enough to realize running 10km in a straight of a flat land during a cool sunny day is easier than running a 10km in a sinuous broken path up a mountain during a snow storm. At least they could start from a common ground (the guideline) when assigning resistance.

Implying that people won't be smart enough to use these guidelines in a intelligent way is either patronizing or trying to find arguments where there isn't any.