Re: Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 17:49:04 EDT

>I strongly disagree here. You wouldn't get that in a starting
>Glorantha game, sure, but in a superhero game that is *exactly* what I
>would expect. Granted, the guy with Superstrength 17 probably has
>Superspeed 17W6, or whatever, but having characters with disparate
>superabilities is the meat and veg of superhero roleplaying, I'd have
>thought.

You disagree because you are obsessed with a scale. You care more about a scale than the story, and IMO thats not what the HQ engine is all about.

You think superstrength needs to be at least three masteries and higher, which is just not true. Superstrength can have any rating, depending on your story.

Thats the whole Anaxial situation.
The numbers given are very misleading.
Actually it doesnt matter what the numbers in Anaxial are. You choose the rating based on your story ! So why do we need a bestiary at all?
Because it gives us ideas what kind of abilities a creature has !