Re: Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: Toksickburn_at_...
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 18:27:25 EDT

>But the story I want to tell involves a hero powerful enough to beat a
>regular human most, but not all, of the time, fighting against a
>Cosmic Threat (TM) powerful enough to beat him most, but not all, of
>the time. The system you are suggesting simply cannot cope with that,

Of course it can

superhero 17M

human 2M
cosmic threat 17M2

where am i getting this from ?
I think its a table Mike Homes posted sometime ago:

difference of X has how much impact on the higher side winning ? 5: significant, but not very

10: pretty significant
15: higher side will win most of the time
20: higher side will predominate
30: higher side is almost assured of winning
40: lower side has barely a chance to win
60: low side has a 1:400 to tie, but cant win