Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 00:26:23 -0000

I'm not sure that both sides are not now losing track of this argument by attempts to counter the other sides position.

However hopefully it has exposed an area Robin might want to talk about. It seems to me that a broad summary.

I would have thought that we could agree the following: 1: We compare ratings in contests (Sword and Shield 17 vs Master Swordsman 17 is just 17 vs 17)
2: We may give bonuses or penalties for especially applicable abilities (Convince Chieftain may be better than Persuasive where the goal is to convince the chieftain).

A summary of what seems to be at issue is: 1: How do we estimate the resistance
 To which there seem to be two schools of thought

If that is a reasonable summary maybe we should consider the issues documented and move on. Note that I'm not trying to support one or the other just map the landscape.