Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 03:10:01 -0000

This seems entirely possible. The later discussions do seem to have strayed into a rather separate area, for whatever reason that might be.

> However hopefully it has exposed an area Robin might want to talk
> about. It seems to me that a broad summary.
>
> I would have thought that we could agree the following:
> 1: We compare ratings in contests (Sword and Shield 17 vs Master
> Swordsman 17 is just 17 vs 17)

I'd agree with this, but it does appear, from some of the recent posts, to be in dispute. Which means it might need reinforcing in the rulebook. Or it may suggest we were taking past each other :)

The rest of your comments certainly seem a reasonable summary, and I'd say its important that both approaches be catered for in some way or another.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic