Re: Re: Assembling a Tricky Situations List

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:26:36 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Jane,

Your last paragraph has just made me realise why our perspectives are different:

"In my experience my players judge how long something will take based on how long it took them last time, and plan their tactics accordingly. Yes, including things like allowing extra time for the storm, and a rough estimate of by how much the cavalry will get there first when starting from a different point a little further away. The command tent has maps in, and the strategists there use them."

(I've left the rest of the email at the bottom for context)

My regular players aren't that interested in this level of detail. Instead of going through the process of "how far away is it? Right, that'll take us X amount of time..." they're more likely to ask "how long's it going to take us to get there?" or even "we'll leg it over there..." without consideration of time.

I'm surprised you didn't lynch me while I GMed you at MK a couple of years back...

Cheers,

Ash

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/7tRolB/TM >