Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: Boris yarko <babeldemeter3_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:18:03 -0000

> I allow my players to modify the name of the ability if it seems
appropriate to the situation.

> So I have allowed them to change "Likes XXX" to "Loves XXX" when the
started giving her presents and putting more HP into the relationship, and "Mistrusted" has gone to "Grudging Respect". Then relationships are the easy case and ISTR detailed in the rulebook.

I use the same rule in my own campaigns (free change of description when the rank number don't correspond anymore to the rank number.

I was just trying to find the flaws in the "narrative point of view".

> I see no reason that other skills can be renamed in the same way. I
would happily allow the "amateur swordsman" to be migrated into "competent swordsman" or "professional swordsman" with the application of HP. It is more difficult to have the level of competence spelt out in the skill name but can be fun. I like the idea of an "amateur swordsman 10w4". I can see them in a duel situation.

> "Oh, I'm only an amateur swordsman you know." - Just one with near
god like abilities :-) I might have to give the character a "Overly Modest" flaw to be in keeping with the description.

That's fun, if the rank number describes the power...

Boris