Re: Re: Conversion tables and scales (tricky situations)

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:11:27 -0400

I'm pretty much with Jane on this. I think the description involves the applicability of the ability, not it's quantity. I tend to rarely (if ever) let someone take an ability that specifies how good the ability is supposed to be. The name should tell you in what contests it is appropriate to apply it and with what kind of situational modifiers, but not how good you are at it. That's fine for skill things, it hits snags when it is something like Large or Small.

LC