Re: Re: My AP problems

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 10:13:33 -0400

"Robin D. Laws" wrote:

> At 05:23 PM 6/1/00 +0100, Richard Develyn wrote:
>
> >It comes to the same thing, though. You are either forced to use an ability
> >you're weak at or an ability you're strong at with a hefty improv penalty.
>
> My experience during playtest was that characters always had
> abilities reasonably relevant to the basic situations (fighting,
> persuading, magic) in which this might theoretically be an issue.
> If they faced an improv penalty, it was a niggling one. Have
> you had this problem crop up frequently in your games?
>
> Take care >>> Robin

At first.

Now the group has gone out and gotten more useful social skills. Boast and Respect My Authority can only take you so far. Fast Talk, Schmooze and (at a truly inspiringly good level) Oratory abilities are making their appearance.

As soon as I get someone to take Lie To Spouse, my day will be complete =)

Jeff