Re: Tricky situations List

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.h_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:17:47 -0000

> Not to denigrate the current discussion, which I have found very useful,
> but actually what I was hoping for were in-game situations you'd like
> to see examples for.

How about "succeed at any cost" situations. Anything from the Beserker on the Bridge to Pheidippides at Marathon. The essence of it is that by disregarding the normal human tendency to stop when "beaten" they can achieve legendary acts. This eventually merges in with the guidance on how to handle characters who wish to act when incapacitated - personally I use HP to permit all this but that's a house rule and I'd love to know how to handle it without fudging the rules.

One other thing which I have never managed to narrate well is the Grand Staredown before a contest. As seen in many a martial arts movie or western gunfight scene. My problems is how to make it as narratively significant as it is when you watch it in the cinema.

Nic