Re: Medicine bundles

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:41:05 -0700 (PDT)

Rory responds to me:
> Each "practice group" has a medicine bundle for their Majestic
> Spirit, no matter what that spirit is - Folorene, Oakfed, Moosehorn Spur...
> It is not restricted to the "Landscape Spirits", but to any Majestic Spirit.
> A medicine bundle is equivalent to a Temple's Guardian Daimones or the
> wards and Essences that guard a Church building in the west.

The entry for medicine bundles is very different from the entries for guardian daimones and essences. The key differences is that -- at least as I read it -- if a practice group loses its medicine bundle it loses access not only to the guardian spirits, but also to its majestic spirit. So, for example, if my Storm Bull practitioner's group loses its medicine bundle, he can't regain the spirits he releases from his fetishes. However, if a Urox worshipper's group's temple is razed, they only lose the guardian's abilities, not (for example) the ability to ask for divine intervention. Likewise with essences.

So here are questions:
Is this really the intent of the rule?
Can you contact majestic spirits without a medicine bundle, if you were never part of a practice group? What happens if you leave your practice group in the sense of abandoning membership, without leaving the practice? Can your practice group eject you in the sense of disrupting your relationship with the majestic spirit? What happens if you are just off on an adventure, and intend to come back some day? Does physical distance from the medicine bundle matter if it is not for a landscape spirit? How does one create a medicine bundle for a majestic spirit? Can an individual do it? Can a non-shaman do it? I'd assume that a landscape spirit medicine bundle looks pretty much like an embodied spirit when you have your spirit face on. What does it look like in the spirit world?

Thanks,
Chris