Re: Re: Tricky situations List

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:24:13 +0000 (GMT)

> But then, I don't recall this ever occuring, so
> > such penalties are maybe not as common as they
> could be.
>
> Depends on the game, of course. How many times has a
> hero been driven to
> "Dying"/Complete Defeat in your game? In something
> other than deadly combat?

Thinking back, I can't remember the last time this happened to a PC. I've had it happen to a major NPC - the players were trying to convince him to be an ally not an enemy. I never did get round to quantifying the result on his character sheet, I really should, but I've been playing it as a relationship with fairly high values that has him as very much the subservient partner to their group.