RE: Weaseling

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:13:35 -0500

>From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
>
>I dread to think what Mike was using. Vorpal Ferret of Doom?

In the beginning of some of the Rolemaster books, they give credits to a pet ferret (Swinker-Dinker-Do). I do believe that, in fact, the ferret stats in RM are quite robust reflecting the author's predilections for these creatures.

That said, the stats were not all that tremendously high, and I was just rolling crits, while their charcters were consistently missing, being the typically unbelievably incompetent first level RM characters. Like you say, just a typical result of the RM system, especially with first level characters (who, amongst other things have a 75% chance to fall off a three foot wide beam when crossing it).

I see also that you're referring to the much vaunted art of ferret-bagging, as reported by Hunter S. Thompson in an article in Playboy magazine circa 1990 (IIRC)? Any reports that I may have participated in such sport are very exaggerated. As far as you know.

Mike

Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/