Re: Re: Tricky situations List - damage to followers

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 09:19:28 -0700

> At present the way to do this is "ignore the rules":
> and while this is valid ("play the story, not the
> rules" IS a rule...), too much "ignore the rules"
> leaves you wondering why the rules are there in the
> first place.

I certainly agree that more "narrator notes" are indicated - most of the things brought up in this thread have been more in the "Here's another way to play it" than real rules changes once the dust settles.

The "Followers suffer more" rule is fine for fighting followers in combat, or debating followers in an argument, but not for a follower that is obviously unsuited *and not participating* in a contest. So it's narrator notes, not rules change that I see needed.

RR