Re: Tricky situations List

From: sinisterecho <sinisterecho_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:45:15 -0000

Sam Elliot wrote:
> Rory:
> > The game doesn't kill off player characters fast enough, and
> > that's a *problem*?!?
>
> I also tried to tread very carefully in referring to what other
> people had written. I'll avoid that now but provide the reference:
> (http://molad.org/forum/index.php/topic,107.0.html, low down, two
> posts by Simon, one by Darran). Make of it what you will.

Wow!
Interesting forum that MoLaD, some good points made there.

A key issue for me is for the PC to go into combat or other high risk contest and come out without a scratch if he wins. [Yeah the AP exchange for wounds is okay but is usually a contest ender.]
The only way the PCs get ingured at all if they *lose* the contest.

Is there a way they can get injured in a simple contest even though they win?

> I'll just make two points, as drily as I possibly can:
>
> 1. "Injured" - p.75 - "...When it comes to taking action again, [the
> character] is mostly helpless...An injured hero suffers a -50%
> penalty..."
> I humbly submit that that is a mismatch. Note that it is the -50%
> penalty which finds its way into the tables (p. 74; p.270), not the
> helplessness.

I think that this should be 75% penalty.

So Hurt = -10%
Wounded = -50%
Injured = -75%

Dying = -100%

> 2. "Dying" - p.76 - [Discussing whether Dying leads to Death] -
> "Ultimately, the final decision lies with the Narrator."
> I believe this part of the rules as written has been "house-ruled"
> in favour of the player by more people than myself.

Again I would say 'rests with the Narrator and the players in question.'
Better all round.

SinisterEcho.