RE: Can Heroquest do Gamism?

From: Mike Holmes <mike_c_holmes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:18:27 -0500

>From: "cornponk" <cornponk_at_...>
>
>But the questions still remains; is it possible? How would you go
>about it? Or why bother?

Any game mechanics can be used by the players to play any way you can think of. It's possible. For instance, "Gentlemen's Gamism" where it's not about the numbers at all, but about the player thinking through puzzles and such, is certainly possible without any mechanical adjustment at all.

The real question is why use HQ for it, and not, oh say, Runequest? Which isn't to say that you might not have an answer to the question, maybe there's a good reason. I can't see one, but, then, I play largely other than gamism.

Mike

Mortgage refinance is hot 1) Rates near 30-yr lows 2) Good credit get intro-rate 4.625%*
https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5f&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=743