Re: Re:Can Heroquest do Gamism?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:05:08 +0000 (GMT)

> Arkeef writes:
> > Do augments AFTER you roll the dice to speed
> things up.
>
> You know, this could be a good thing to explore for
> possible inclusion
> in the new book. It works well the way Keith does it
> and really
> highlights those augments as interesting uses of the
> ability. (You
> know your character won the contest because they
> remmebered their mama
> or whatever.) To my mind it is the most satisfying
> solution to the how-
> many-augments problem, although it is sadly a bit
> slower for PbEM.

Yeah.... it's not something I've ever tried, but I can see the attraction from the description. How to make it work in PBeM, though? The best possibility I can see is for the player to list the augments they want to apply in order of importance, then teh GM puts them on the scales one by one, and we know which one tipped the balance.

Could someone run through exactly how it's meant to work again, please? At what point do you stop adding augments? Does each side take turns? And is it perhaps worth putting a few in to start with, when you know you're definitely going to be using them (you spent most of yesterday persuading the clan to give you community support, I think you might use it...), then adding "extras" post-roll?

What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail Championship. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://mail.yahoo.net/uk