Re: A new guy with basic character creation questons

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:13:55 -0400

"Michael W. Ryan" wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Richard Evans wrote:
>
> > You eithier write a hundred word background or just a list of 10 keywords,
> > for example :-
>
> Actually, it's more of a description than a background. The description
> is "your hero know", while a background is more "this is how he got where
> he is today." It's a bit of a nitpick, but it's an important difference.
>
> > 01.Heortling
> > 02.Warrior
> > 03.worships Humakt - Storm aspect
>
> These three keywords are not counted as part of the 10 abilities. It's
> the three keywords (culture, occupation, and magic) plus 10 more
> abilities. BTW, I didn't think Humakt had aspects.

Good points.

However, one COULD allow someone to take additional Hero or Subcults of a deity at this point, though in the case of a list, I'd cost you one of your 10 'things' -- but, being generous, I'd probably give it to you at your Humakti relationship level (17) -- or not.

Joining Vangarth while being Orlanthi comes to mind -- Vangarth is the only TRUE subcult in the listings, according to Roderick. All the rest are either aspects or cults in their own right (Bad Hedkoranth. Bad. You are too big to be a subcult. No biscuit.)

Jeff