Re: My AP problems (and Indy) (amalgamated response)

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 16:29:57 +0100 (BST)

Richard Develyn:
> So what this comes to in the end as that generally people will use one of
> their best abilities, if not their *best* ability, in all statements of
> intent in order to get high APs, and then swap abilities as appropriate.

Yeah, Funny, that...

> Alex Ferguson:
>
> Made a number of additional ideas (for which my thanks), plus some more
> thoughts on General Abilities (for which, again, thanks). (He did call me
> David, though :-) ).

Couldn't you just change your name to 'David'? Be much less confusing! No, I called David Dunham 'David', since I was referring to an earlier exchange with him on the same topic. I'll be sure to call him 'Richard', though, just for a bit of variety. (Or perhaps, 'Al'.)

> Dragonquest uses an AP system where the number of APs are based on the
> character/creature rather than the skill being used.

Which version of DQ was this? I'm confused (though it's been years since I looked at any of 'em).

Cheers,
Alex.