Re: QW - apparently arbitrary rules

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:36:07 -0700

> Depending on how "follower" is defined, sure.
>
> I would argue that Wiglaf is clearly Beowulf's follower, but he's the one
> who
> comes back and hits the dragon's weak spot, killing it.

Desperation bid by Beowulf, using Wiglaf's Warrior keyword as the active ability, because B. can't use his Sword and Shield ability (Naegling had just broken on the Dragons noggin). (Hmm, B. must have put a ton of points into either Naegling or Sword & Shield, if the loss of the sword did so much to his abilities that a follower was better...)

Beowulf isn't dead at this point, the pair of them proceed to kill off the dragon - Beowulf pulls out a dagger and helps Wiglaf finish off the worm, and orders Wiglaf to plunder the barrow once the Dragon is dead (and Beowulf almost is).

I'd probably say that the Dragon's Venom worked as a seperate foe, because it kills B. after the Dragon is dead.

Also, B's "Ring-giver to followers" ability wasn't a terrible success - only Wiglaf answered the call, the rest of the followers failed their Follower Reluctance roll...)

RR