Re: QW - apparently arbitrary rules

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 02:56:52 +0100 (BST)

> For me, if a follower is under direction from the
> Hero, then he's really
> "just an extension" of the hero and using an HP
> would (to me) be appropriate.

Looks like we agree on that, then.

> If the Follower is out somewhere away from the hero,
> then using an HP from
> the hero isn't appropriate - he should get his own
> d*mn HP if he's going to use them away from the
Hero.

Which is an interesting possibility in itself, but then extending the role of followers is a separate discussion.

> Yes, I know all about the individuality of
> Followers, and how some people
> (I'm looking at you, Jane) let people play followers
> as if they are heroes when the heroes aren't around,

Yes. That discussion.

To clarify, I do have a distinction between PC, follower, sidekick, patron, etc. But which Gloranthan person falls into which category varies with the needs of the current scene. And how their abilities are represented (single key-word, three skills, or a full multi-page character sheet) is also a matter of convenience at the time. It's only representation. As long as the reality stays consistent, that's what matters.