Re: QW - apparently arbitrary rules

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 21:58:16 -0700

>> Beowulf isn't dead at this point,
>
> If he was, the Follower would be even deader according
> to the Roolz. (Yes, I know, we added a "maybe,
> sometimes" getout).

Well, actually he's not dead until the narrator says he is :-). Even if he'd been driven to -30, he could still use a Final Action (combine with a Desperate Bid to get the requisite "oomph") to down the dragon (looks like it worked, too - complete reversal of fortune on the Final Act kills the dragon).

>> Also, B's "Ring-giver to followers" ability wasn't a
>> terrible success - only
>> Wiglaf answered the call, the rest of the followers
>> failed their Follower Reluctance roll...)
>
> Well, the resistance was probably quite high.

Oh pshaw. What, a mere Fear Dragons 10w2? Must live in Glorantha :-).

RR