Re: Holmes in HQ

From: Ashley Munday <aescleal_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 07:11:17 +0100 (BST)

Bit sterile innit? It tells you what he can do but not a great deal about what he's like. Give that description to a player and you wouldn't get Holmes without some additional context.

To name a couple of concrete examples:

So Watson is his sidekick, what's their relationship like? Same with Lestrade - how does Lestrade feel about Holmes? Is it "Well liked by Inspector Lestrade?" Nope, from my reading it's more like "exasperates but respected by Inspector Lestrade."

pipe - is he some sort of Yakuza? A plumber like Super Mario or someone that "Thinks better in a concentrated atmosphere of pipe smoke"?

Cheers,

Ash