Re: Chained contest

From: Mandacaru <samclau_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:25:25 -0000

"Jamie" wrote:

> Do you usually use extended contests and if so why did you or your
> fellow players not feel it appropriate this time?

I use EC's a fair bit. Being a PbEM it does slow things own an *awful* lot when everyone is involve. I have, though, run or been in EC's in PbEM's which have been incredibly quick, when there are only a few participants.

We had just had an EC which lasted, in real time, about a couple of months. That was something I had originally thought to do as a simple contest.

> What were the main differences between your experience here and your
> previous experiences with extended contests?

For this particular circumstance, where we were (or are) being a bit silly an fairy-tale-ish, it seems to capture that nice feeling, somehow. Previous EC's have been pretty good I think (at times), in that there is one I remember where I though the players had been defeated but one of them was having none of that and turned it all around. They also allow you to play around with some of the detail when you want to.

> Have there been previous extended contests in your games that
wouldn't
> have benefited from this approach?

Yes :)
And vice versa.