Re: HQ Beginner - Character Generation questions

From: Thorsten <eisigerprinz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:24:35 -0000

> To use a simple example, an entertainer gets one form of
> entertainment. But what if you want an entertainer to be good (i.e.
> you want to assign points to raise) both story telling and puppetry?
> You get puppetry maybe as your default, but you add story telling in
> your narrative, but take it as part of the key word. Even if you
> don't add some of your initial twenty points to it, you can then use
> it with modifier--a pupeteer telling a story without props would get a
> penalty--and it is ready to be raised without having to be cemented in
> play.

Okay, to see if I got your point. You say the player has to include an ability in his narrative if the respective keyword gives an either-or choice for that ability?
Makes sense to me, though I guess you'd have to include both abilities in your narrative for the sake of completeness. After all, a sentence like "Bruhan is the most promising of young clan warriors, and his skills with the axe are famed" will certainly give Bruhan Axe 17, but Sword 17 doesn't seem likely to appear on the character sheet now.