Re: Re: HQ Beginner - Character Generation questions

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 23:29:09 +0100 (BST)

> After all, a sentence
> like "Bruhan is the most promising of young clan
> warriors, and his
> skills with the axe are famed" will certainly give
> Bruhan Axe 17, but
> Sword 17 doesn't seem likely to appear on the
> character sheet now.

While this is true, I'd just point out that with that narrative, I wouldn't give a skill in "Axe 17". At least, not *just* that (as you say, it's off the keyword). What I'd give him is "famed for skills with axe" at 13. There can be a huge and interesting difference between being famed for something and actually knowing how to do it :)

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/