HQuestions char creation - initiation and concentration

From: Robert McArthur <rjmcarthur_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:08:31 +1000

p118 of the HQ book says:

"An initiate can improvise any named feat in the affinity (see
   page 120) as an active ability with a �10 penalty (�5 if he has    concentrated his magic use)..."

while the HQ FAQ on glorantha.com says:

"Now, the player may be right that an initiate has it somewhat bad,
   but he can improvise *any number* of feats from his own affinities for    a -5 penalty (if he has concentrated his theistic magic)..." (my *s)

So the question I have is whether the improvisation is limited to the affinity's named feats (rulebook) or *any* feats that fit the affinity (FAQ)? Second, if as a starting character I want to be initiated (concentrated) to Orlanth Adventurous, but be a member of Destor, Vanganth and Niskis, what sort of costs/benefits would you reckon be appropriate (starting char remember, not in-play)? Would this be OK: Destor is the base one you join (10% time communal worship, 20% Destor; all three affinities at 17), then pay 3/20 to join Vanganth (+10% time) and one affinity (at 17) and 3/20 to join Niskis (+10% time) and one affinity (at 17). Total cost: 6/20.

Third, HQ rules book p109 (and p108) shows a concentration cost in the table of 1HP - for in-play concentration. But on p18 in character creation it says "If your hero has only one magic keyword, he may concentrate his magic at no additional cost." Can I say then that concentration, for an "Initiate of Orlanth Adventurous" with only subcults as extra magical associations, costs nothing at creation time?

For Orlanth, would the keyword be "Initiate of Orlanth" or "Initiate of Orlanth (Thunderous)" or "Initiate of Orlanth Thunderous (Destor)"?

Thanks
Rob