Re: Re: HQ Beginner - Character Generation questions

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:12:39 +0100 (BST)

> There can be a huge and interesting
> > difference between being famed for something and
> > actually knowing how to do it :)
>
> Very nice idea, I'll have to keep that kind of
> thinking in mind when
> going through the narratives of my players to be. I
> don't think it
> would be a good idea to give "famed for...." instead
> of the originally
> intended ability. If I was a player and got my
> intentions warped like
> that when writing a narrative, I'd stick to the list
> in the future.

Wel, obviously you'd point this out to him, not just do it. The whole chargen thing is a dialogue between GM and player, not "here's 100 words to be marked in red pen". Er, that is obvious? Isn't it? (feeling worried now). I mean, if he doesn't want the fame, just the straight ability, he can save several words out of the 100, and I'd be pointing that out, too.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/